[R-sig-Geo] How is defined PWP in soilgrids?

Tomislav Hengl tom@heng| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 11 14:50:19 CEST 2019

Hi Eliza,

The most up-to-date water capacity maps of the world you can find at:

https://zenodo.org/record/2629149

Soil water content in percent for 33 kPa and 1500 kPa suctions predicted
at 6 standard depths (0, 10, 30, 60, 100 and 200 cm) at 250 m resolution
and based on a global compilation of soil profiles (USDA NCSS, AfSPDB,
ISRIC WISE, EGRPR, SPADE, CanNPDB, UNSODA, SWIG, HYBRAS and HydroS) you
can access from:

https://zenodo.org/record/2784001

and visually explore at:

https://openlandmap.org/#/?base=Stamen%20(OpenStreetMap)&center=46.3848,2.4939&zoom=4&opacity=80&layer=sol_watercontent.33kPa_usda.4b1c_m&depth=0

Note these maps are not based on PTFs but on direct prediction from
laboratory data.

If you have any more issues or questions please post them via:

https://github.com/Envirometrix/LandGISmaps

THT,

--
T. (Tom) Hengl