[R-sig-Geo] LandGIS Open Land data service - global stack of environmental layers

Tomislav Hengl tom@heng| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jan 18 10:40:57 CET 2019

Just added an example with multipoint query to the LandGISmaps rep:

https://github.com/Envirometrix/LandGISmaps/tree/master/tutorial

REST now works for up to 50 points. The impressive speed is mainly
thanks to using SSD and cloud GeoTIFF settings
(https://github.com/Envirometrix/LandGISmaps#cloud-optimized-geotiff).

library(rjson)
library(rgdal)
library(fossil)
library(plotKML)

## REST multipoint query ----
path <- geopath(lon1=4.9, lon2=4.9, lat1=52.3, lat2=35.1)
writeOGR(as(path, "SpatialPointsDataFrame"), "test_points.geojson",
layer="test_points", driver="GeoJSON")
## overlay points and grids:
browseURL('https://landgis.opengeohub.org/#/?base=Stamen%20(OpenStreetMap)&center=49.6466,9.1126&zoom=7&opacity=80&layer=veg_fapar_proba.v.*_d&time=July')
system('curl -X POST --form "points=@test_points.geojson" --form
"layer=pnv_fapar_proba.v.jul_d_1km_s0..0cm_2014..2017_v0.1.tif"
https://landgisapi.opengeohub.org/query/points -o results.json')
df <- data.frame(matrix(unlist(rjson::fromJSON(file="results.json")),
ncol = 3, byrow = TRUE))
str(df)
plot(df[,2], df[,3], type="l")
## 255 is the missing value

Let me know if you experience any problems.

Tom Hengl
https://opengeohub.org/people/tom-hengl