[R-sig-Geo] Parallelization of LMZ.F3GWR.test in spgwr package

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Sat Jan 12 13:06:44 CET 2019

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, Diana Gutiérrez wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible to run the F3 variability test by
> Leung et al. (2000) (as included in the spgwr package) using parallel, so
> processing times could be reduced when you have a large number of
> observations and parameters. I would appreciate any insights and/or code
> examples if you happen to know of any that can be shared.

Yes, GWR is very demanding for computation. It should only ever be used
for exploring model mis-specification, never for inference or prediction.
So making a bad test on a bad method run faster should not be a priority.

Roger