[R-sig-Geo] Sampling random directional lines within a polygon

Hannah Justen ju@ten @end|ng |rom t@mu@edu
Wed Feb 6 00:30:32 CET 2019

Hi everyone,

I am studying migratory tracks of birds for my dissertation and I would
like to model possible pathways between two polygons. Therefore, I would
like to sample random lines between the polygons. These lines can differ in
total length but should consist of x - number of fragments of equal length.
Each fragment can have slightly different orientation but overall the lines
should connect the two polygons.

I fail to find the appropriate R package that will allow me to do this type
of analysis. Does anyone have a suggestion how to approach analysis?

Thank you,
Hannah

---
PhD Student |Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Texas A&M University