[R-sig-Geo] PPA ubuntugis-unstable update to Proj6/GDAL3 breaks SF / rgdal

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Thu Dec 12 09:07:54 CET 2019

Yes, I had that too. It turned out that my distribution wouldn't update
gdal all the way due to all kind of dependencies, and kept it back at
some version, resulting in this error. After installing it manually with

sudo apt-get install gdal-dev

gdal3 got installed. gdal3 does not use pcs.csv.