[R-sig-Geo] Simulating variables with predefined correlation and autocorrelation

Amitha Puranik pur@n|k@@m|th@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Aug 22 18:18:34 CEST 2019

Dear Prof. Bivand,

Thanks a lot for responding and providing the material to read. I will
definitely go through your paper and the references cited in it.

I am working on simulating various scenarios where autocorrelation exists
in Y or X or both and also in the residuals and compare the model
performances on these data. At present I have planned to assign same
weights (distance based) for both X and Y. I have found solution to
simulate autocorrelated Y based on your response in the link (
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2011-September/012728.html). But I
have not found a way to induce autocorrelation in even the independent
variables(s). Hence I posted this query. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amitha Puranik.