[R-sig-Geo] Simulating variables with predefined correlation and autocorrelation

Facundo Muñoz |@cundo@munoz @end|ng |rom c|r@d@|r
Wed Aug 21 12:12:31 CEST 2019

Dear Amitha,

I'm not sure I understand well your question (but then, I don't know
this Durbin model). From what I quickly looked up it follows this
formulation:

y = \rho W y + \alpha 1_n + X \beta + W X \theta + \varepsilon

where y are the observations (thus, what you are trying to simulate if I
understood correctly), W, X and 1_n are fixed and known matrices, and
the greek letters are the unknown parameters.

For simulating y from this model, you should assign values to the greek
letters and compute:

y = (I_n - \rho W)^{-1} [\alpha 1_n + X \beta + W X \theta + \varepsilon]

Does this help?

ƒacu.-