[R-sig-Geo] Adding a Few Neighbour Relationships to a nb List

Stuart Reece @tu@rt@reece @end|ng |rom b|gpond@com
Thu Aug 8 13:23:21 CEST 2019

Thankyou for this advice Roger.
Happy to provide my work for your review but I am not sure how.
This list server has a limit of 50KB and these files are about 100MB....
Love to assist but I would need advice on how best to proceed....???
Many thanks again,
Stuart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand using nhh.no>
Sent: Thursday, 8 August, 2019 9:10 PM
To: Stuart Reece <stuart.reece using bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [R-sig-Geo] Adding a Few Neighbour Relationships to a nb List

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, Stuart Reece wrote:

> Thankyou so much Vijay and Barry.

Yes, thanks!

> Yes I have found that using these techniques I can add nb
> relationships nicely.
>
> And they card() nicely too.
>
> And when I nb2listw they transform well and when I test them
> can.be.simmed(x) they pass this test also.
>
> When I draw maps with them Like Roger Bivand showed in his examples
> for poly2nb – the maps draw just perfectly.

This is flying on hope not knowledge. If the assigned values are not within the 1:n set, there will be trouble - this is an S3 class with no validity check. Further, there may be trouble if the length of attr(.,
"region.id") is incorrect, but this cannot be checked unless you run
traceback() after the error in spgm(). We still need a fully reproducible example ...

Roger