[R-sig-Geo] Selecting a range of longitude and latitudes

r@i@1290 m@iii@g oii @im@com r@i@1290 m@iii@g oii @im@com
Fri Apr 19 02:37:43 CEST 2019

Hi there,
I am trying to specify a range of longitudes and latitudes. I tried this using the following:

lonlat <- cbind(103:116, 3:16)  #This would specify a range of longitudes and latitudes

However, I receive the following warning message:
Warning message:
In cbind(103:110, 3:16) :
  number of rows of result is not a multiple of vector length (arg 1)

When I specify the longitude and latitude of a specific location, though, it works just fine, like this:
lonlat <- cbind(103, 3)

Am I specifying the ranges of coordinates incorrectly? The warning message would suggest yes, but I do not understand why.
Thanks, and any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
~Trav.~