[R-sig-Geo] Monte Carlo Simulation

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Mon Apr 8 09:55:53 CEST 2019

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Leonardo Matheus Servino wrote:

> Hello, group.
>
> I would like to make a monte carlo simulation in the residuals of a gls
> model, to verify the spatial autocorrelation. Is it possible?

Could you please be more specific, perhaps adding a toy example? Have you
looked at ?lme4::mcmcsamp for an explanation of some issues? Could you
rather fit a variogram model random effect in the correlation argument and
see whether it is worth retaining? Simulating from dependent data is not
without problems.

Roger