[R-sig-Geo] Creating shades around a cluster of line plots

r@i@1290 m@iii@g oii @im@com r@i@1290 m@iii@g oii @im@com
Wed Apr 3 18:18:02 CEST 2019

Hi there,
I am currently working with a line plot that would contain a large number of separate plots (which does make it difficult to read). What I would like to do instead is to somehow create a light-colored shade that captures the range of individual line plots. Would that be possible? This is what I have for my plot:
plot(get,Hope2, type="l",col="red", lwd="3", xlab="Cumulative CO2 emissions (TtC)", ylab="One-day maximum precipitation (mm/day)", main="One-day maximum precipitation for South Sudan for CanESM2 scenarios")
lines(get2.teratons, Hope3, type="l", lwd="3", col="red")
lines(get3.teratons, Hope4, type="l", lwd="3", col="red")
lines(get4.teratons, Hope5, type="l", lwd="3", col="red")
So, this gives 4 separate red lines on the same plot (I am likely going to place up to 10 lines, so you can imagine how cluttered that would look without shading them in the background!). Now, let's say that I wanted to create a light red shade that runs from the upper to lower red curves. How should I go about doing that? The first line corresponds to the upper line, and the last line is the lower line.
Thanks,