[R-sig-Geo] Linear referencing in R

Rubem Dornas r@pdorn@@ @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Sep 29 00:52:03 CEST 2018

Hi, people! I hope I'll be not to speculative in my question and that you
can comprehend my problem.

Well, I have a railroad shapefile and I have two csv files corresponding to
the topography in each side of the railroad. The csv are organized in this
way:

ID_topo, from_km, to_km, height
1, 0, 1.91, 15
2, 1.91, 2.23, -3

I created a point shapefile for each meter of the railroad and then I
proceeded with a join (not spatial) between the from_km of the topography
data frame and the km mark (km_calc) from the point railroad.

My goal is to create shapefiles for each of the railroadside topography.
The issue is that when I try to make a new line shapefile from topography
based on the points of the railroad, what I get is a line that has doesn't
follow the curvature of the railroad. Using the example of the csv above,
what I get are several straight lines linked by the from_km to to_km. (Here
is a link to a print screen from QGIS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erfsst8pasoqj64/Captura%20de%20tela%202018-09-28%2019.49.47.png?dl=0
<http://Image>)

Maybe it is a little bit difficult to me to explain exactly the problem,
but any doubts, please ask. The files and the script I'm using are on the
following github: https://github.com/rdornas/raileco

Thank you very much indeed in advance!

*Rubem A. P. Dornas*
Celular: (31) 99642-5102
PPG Análise e Modelagem de Sistemas Ambientais
Instituto de Geociências - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
Currículo Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/7197154832267712