[R-sig-Geo] Create Kernel image results in *tif format

Ege Rubak rub@k @ending from m@th@@@u@dk
Thu Sep 27 10:51:30 CEST 2018

Dear Alexandre,

Indeed the solution by Florian below is very nice. If you really want to
go the other direction you can use `as.SpatialGridDataFrame.im()` from
the `maptools` package.

By the way, based on what you write, I think you mean to use the value
7.5 (=0.75m) rather than 0.75 (=0.075 m) for your kernel bandwidth.
Furthermore, the argument to set the standard deviation of the
(isotropic Gaussian) smoothing kernel in `density.ppp()` is `sigma`, so
you probably want:
     d_pines <- density(swedishpines, sigma = 7.5)

If you like to work in meters rather than decimeters you can rescale the
point pattern:
     pines <- rescale(swedishpines, s = 10, unitname = "m")
     d_pines <- density(pines, sigma = 0.75)

Regards,
Ege