[R-sig-Geo] Kriging and plotting categorical variables

Tomislav Hengl tom@hengl @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Sep 14 07:45:06 CEST 2018

As an efficient alternative to kriging you could try using RF with buffer
distances to classes incorporated into the model:

https://peerj.com/articles/5518/

Also described in:

https://envirometrix.github.io/PredictiveSoilMapping/soilmapping-using-mla.html#spatial-prediction-of-soil-types

New kid in the class.