[R-sig-Geo] spatial-temporal variograms

Dr. Benedikt Gräler b@gr@eler @ending from 52north@org
Tue Sep 4 09:41:12 CEST 2018

Dear Erin,

as you say "it depends", but what I have seen so far from several
studies, I would consider the sum-metric model as a rather flexible and
useful model that seems to catch the spatio-temporal dependencies quite
well ("realistic" is an even tougher question).

HTH,

  Ben

On 28.08.2018 23:45, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Hope you are having a good day.
>
> This is an opinion question, please:  Typically, we think of the separable
> model for s/t variograms as not realistic.  Which ones are better, as a
> rule, please?  I know the correct answer is "It depends".  But would we
> consider metric, or sum-metric (or some of the others) more realistic,
> please?
>
> Thanks,
> Erin
>

> Erin Hodgess, PhD
> mailto: erinm.hodgess using gmail.com
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Benedikt Gräler
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Muenster, Germany

E-Mail: b.graeler using 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251/396371-39
Fax: +49-(0)-251/396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers:
Prof. Dr. Albert Remke, Prof. Dr. Andreas Wytzisk-Arens
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849