[R-sig-Geo] A question about the splm package

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Sun Sep 2 21:19:19 CEST 2018

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018, Danlin Yu wrote:

> Dear list:
>
> I hope this email finds you all well.
>
> I've been recently using the spml package to estimate my data sets for
> spatial panel analysis. During the process of applying the package, I made
> a few mistakes and realized that when I was supplying the weight matrix
> (through the listw object) to the spml/spgm routines, there is no check or
> guarantee that the order of the spatial objects as represented in the listw
> object is exactly the same as the order of the spatial objects in the data
> set as supplied by the argument data = (please let me know if I was wrong
> here).

Could you please provide a worked example with (built in?) data - such as
Produc with US states from the maps package? You'd have to work backwards,
using the maps and the data to create your input, then try to provoke the
problem.

Roger