[R-sig-Geo] logLik value of the spml spatial panel model

Danlin Yu yud @ending from m@il@montcl@ir@edu
Mon Oct 22 17:37:20 CEST 2018

Dear List:

In a recent attempt to compare spatial panel models using splm package,
I intend to use the logLik value that was produced by the spml()
routine. When I ran the model, I realize that the logLik value is not
always produced, especially when the spatial.error is set to "b", a NULL
value is returned. I know I must have missed something here, but can
anyone point out why the logLik value is not returned when the
spatial.error value is set to "b" (a spatial panel lag model always
return a logLik value). I tried a bit to dig into the codes, but didn't
find much that can answer my question.

Thank you.

Best,

Danlin

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Professor of GIS and Urban Geography
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072