[R-sig-Geo] spgm

Hulényi Martin m@rtin@hulenyi @ending from vl@d@@gov@@k
Mon Oct 22 16:31:23 CEST 2018

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it :). It works quite well.

One last question, I tried some diagnostics on the spgm models, but it never worked out as it always returned an error. Basically what I would like to do is a test (e.g. LM or information criterion) that would help me to select the proper weight matrix for the model.

E.g.:

library(splm)
data(Produc, package="plm")
data(usaww)
fm <- log(gsp)~log(pcap)+log(pc)+log(emp)+unemp
matrix1 <- kronecker(diag(length(unique(Produc$year))), usaww)
listw1 <- mat2listw(matrix1, style="W")
tr <- trW(as(listw1, "CsparseMatrix"), m=100)
GM <- spgm(fm, data=Produc, listw = usaww, moments="within", spatial.error = FALSE, lag = TRUE)
GMi <- spgm(update(fm, . ~ . - unemp), data=Produc, listw = usaww, moments="within", spatial.error = FALSE, lag = TRUE, endog = ~ unemp,
            instruments = ~ hwy + water + util)
slmtest(GM)
Error in UseMethod("slmtest") :
  no applicable method for 'slmtest' applied to an object of class "stsls"

Is it possible to maybe compute the Pseudo-R2?

Best,

Martin