[R-sig-Geo] Reordering geographical coordinates clockwise to make a polygon

Patrick Giraudoux p@trick@gir@udoux @ending from univ-fcomte@fr
Mon Nov 5 17:35:19 CET 2018

Apologize to answer to myself: the way described below would work only
if there are no concave "peninsula" towards north or south inside the
polygon. Even thinking about an alternate solution, e.g. the Traveling
Salesman Problem (TSP), ie. the shortest route linking all points, one
could get wrong since points of  a narrowpeninsula could have points
closest to the opposite border than from the next point on the border...

Suppose we are stuck, and should redraw polygons by hand