[R-sig-Geo] applying a regression kriging model outside gstats

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 20 13:40:42 CET 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 11:12 AM, Naura, Marc <Marc.J.Naura at cranfield.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have produced a regression kriging model using gstats that I want to
> deliver to a wide range of users to predict values for new sites using the
> web or as part of a simple computer software (e.g. Visual Basic software).
> Is there a simple way of doing that or do I need to use R and gstats to
> produce predictions?

If you don't want to reimplement kriging in VIsual Basic and "using the
web" means what I think it means, you can make your model accessible via
something like Shiny or one of the other R-Web interfaces described in the
R Web Technology Task View.

These methods qualify as "simple", for some values of "simple"....

Barry