[R-sig-Geo] Upcoming bugfix release of rgdal

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Thu Jun 21 08:22:40 CEST 2018

The upcoming submission to CRAN of rgdal 1.3-3 is at:

  install.packages("rgdal", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

for source and Windows binary testing. It fixes logic errors in handling
cases reported mostly for source installs on Linux since 1.3-2. These
affected CentOS 7 and GDAL 1.11.4, and other cases affected by the new
GDAL 2.3.0 requirement that the C++ compiler be C++11 compliant.

rgdal 1.3-2 passes CRAN checks on both Debian and Fedora systems, so we
are reliant on feedback to identify remaining issues.

If anyone is still having problems, please get in touch immediately to try
to resolve them before I submit to CRAN.

Roger
rgdal maintainer

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; e-mail: Roger.Bivand using nhh.no
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140