[R-sig-Geo] Sf st_read postgis

Jan Willem van der Lichte geodude @ending from m@il@com
Tue Jun 12 12:12:42 CEST 2018

Hi list,

Can someone help me with a basic sf question.

I try to use the sf::st_read function to get some data out of postgis.

I set up a connection (connz) to postgis.
I checked if the connection was working with

dbListTables(connz)

The result was ok, I saw all the tables in the database.

Next I tried to get some data with the st_read() function, from the sf package.

I tried to follow the example in the help.

xx<- st_read(connz, "vakantie", query="SELECT * FROM vakantie LIMIT 3;")

So i replaced the table meuse with vakantie.

When I execute this statement, I get a warning

Warning message: In st_read.DBIObject(...) : Ignoring query argument, only using table.

So what's happening, am I doing something wrong? Which is possible, cause I'm new to R. :-)

Thanks
Jan Willem

Sent with my iPad