[R-sig-Geo] regression with Moran eigenvectors for multiple

Roberto Patuelli roberto@p@tuelli @ending from unibo@it
Tue Jun 5 18:57:52 CEST 2018

Dear Thomas,

I've worked with Moran eigenvectors.
In some previous papers, I've used panel data with it.

In this article

Patuelli, R., D.A. Griffith, M. Tiefelsdorf and P. Nijkamp (2011). Spatial Filtering and Eigenvector Stability: Space-Time Models for German Unemployment Data. International Regional Science Review 34 (2): 253-80.
R code: https://sites.google.com/Desktop/RPDGMTPN2011IRSR_(R_code).zip.

I obtained a filter for each year and examined common eigenvectors.

In this further article

Patuelli, R., N. Schanne, D.A. Griffith and P. Nijkamp (2012). Persistence of Regional Unemployment: Application of a Spatial Filtering Approach to Local Labor Markets in Germany. Journal of Regional Science 52 (2): 300-23.

I instead estimated dynamic panels (LSDV) using spatial filters as substitutes of fixed effects (in addition to using them for heterogeneous coefficients). I can provide you with me code for this article too, if you want.

Best regards,
Roberto Patuelli

Message: 1