[R-sig-Geo] Transform hexagonal to raster - a wife's question

chris english engli@hchri@topher@ @ending from gm@il@com
Sun Jul 29 06:26:37 CEST 2018

My wife showed me a beading pattern that she was working on that looks to
my eye like a hexagonal grid, its called a peyote stitch, and she needs to
transform it to a loom stitch, essentially a raster. In the beading world
they suggest combining two rows into one. If asked, what have you tried, I
would say I tried to duck, but... In practical application, the two rows
equals one doesn't appear to preserve the desired pattern when beading the
loom, probably something like netting out the half-steps when you're going
from two rows to one = n+1 or n +2 for bead count on the combined row.
40x40 hex grid, OK, I'll get out my graph paper. Summer.

Thank you for your forbearance, and any very general thoughts appreciated,
ie transforms sans datums & etc.

Chris