[R-sig-Geo] How to find all first order neighbors of a collection of points

Facundo Muñoz f@cundo@munoz @ending from cir@d@fr
Fri Jul 13 11:32:04 CEST 2018

Dear Benjamin,

I'm not sure how you define "first order neighbors" for a point. The
first thing that comes to my mind is to use their corresponding voronoi
polygons and define neighborhood from there. Following your code:

v <- dismo::voronoi(coords)
par(mfrow = c(1, 2), xaxt = "n", yaxt = "n", mgp = c(0, 0, 0))
plot(coords, type = "n", xlab = NA, ylab = NA)
plot(v, add = TRUE)
text(x = coords[, 1], y = coords[, 2], labels = voter.subset$Voter.ID)
plot(coords, type = "n", xlab = NA, ylab = NA)
plot(poly2nb(v), coords, add = TRUE, col = "gray")

ƒacu.-