[R-sig-Geo] Spatial autocorrelation help

Dechen Lham dechen@lh@m @ending from ieu@uzh@ch
Tue Jul 10 21:57:58 CEST 2018

Hi Patrick

Thank you for your quick response and i went through your thesis and its very useful information. One thing that i was wondering was, you could potentially also use quadratic terms of the predictors which may have non-linear relation with the response variable right? rather than to use GAMM.

Besides i need to still figure out how to check the SAC correctly in my data as there is the global morans I and a local morans I right? Further need to figure out how to plot them correctly to see the patterns. I did make a correlogram of the raw data and from the residuals of the best model but both looked very similar and also after accounting for SAC, the morans I was significant and SAC was not accounted for. So it would be great if you can see I am doing something wrong while accepting for the SAC below…please

regards