[R-sig-Geo] How to use gstat 'variogram' function for nonlinear formulae?

Joelle k. Akram chino_tone@ @ending from hotm@il@com
Wed Jul 4 18:14:31 CEST 2018

Dear all,

For a linear model I use the 'variogram' function in gstat as follows:

coordinates(data) <- c('x','y')
myvario <- variogram(dep~var1+var2+var3, data)

Now, I have the following Nonlinear formula that I want to use in variogram.

dep~ var1*var2^3

My 2 questions are:

i) Can the variogram function in gstat handle nonlinear models as this formula?

ii) What is the syntax to use this nonlinear formulae within the variogram function? is it simply :

myvario <- variogram(dep~ var1*var2^3, data)

Any advice is appeciated.

cheers

Chris Akram