[R-sig-Geo] Issue with st_read sf with Encoding for MapInfo file (Frisian municipality name)

Egge-Jan Pollé e.j.h.polle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 22:09:05 CET 2018

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your swift reaction. I followed the link you suggested and tried
to extent my st_read statement with an encoding parameter, but
unfortunately to no avail...

The issue has been solved, though, by following Edzer's suggestion to
abandon the shapefile (or - in my case - the MapInfo file) and to look for
an alternative. I have asked FME to output my sample data set to a GeoJSON
file, and now everything works fine in R :-)

Tnx again,

Egge-Jan