[R-sig-Geo] WPS client implementation in R

Dr. Benedikt Gräler b.graeler at 52north.org
Tue Feb 20 16:13:36 CET 2018

Dear Barry,

I am not quite sure what you are targetting at:
i) a solution to expose (geo) R functionality as a WPS on the web or
ii) a R package to ease the access to an exposed WPS.

Regarding i), there is WPS4R (as a follow-up on the UseR! abstract;
available as part of the 52°North WPS bundle [1]) where annotated R
scripts can automatically be wrapped in a WPS process and exposed on the
web (a tutorial can be found here [2]).

In terms of ii), I am not aware of any existing solution, but would be
interested to contribute; possibly also as a GSoC project (I'll sketch
the idea on the 52N's GSoC 2018 project page [3]).

Cheers,

  Ben

[1] https://wiki.52north.org/Geostatistics/WPS4R
[2]
https://wiki.52north.org/Geoprocessing/GeoprocessingTutorials#WPS4R_tutorials
[3] https://wiki.52north.org/Projects/GSoC2018ProjectIdeas

On 20/02/2018 11:26, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
> I'm wondering what's the state of WPS (Web Processing Service) client
> implementations in R? All I can find are the abstract of a 2008 UseR! talk:
>
> https://www.r-project.org/conferences/useR-2008/abstracts/Henneboehl+Pebesma.pdf
>
> and what looks like code designed to call a custom WPS server in the GSIF
> package:
>
> https://github.com/cran/GSIF/blob/master/R/WPSworldgrids.R
>
> for a server that doesn't seem to work at the moment (wps.worldgrids.org).
>
> Any advance on those?
>
> Barry
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Benedikt Gräler
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
Martin-Luther-King-Weg 24
48155 Muenster, Germany

E-Mail: b.graeler at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251/396371-39
Fax: +49-(0)-251/396371-11

http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN

General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849