[R-sig-Geo] How to fit Spatial logistic regression models to DHS data

Bedilu Ejigu bedilue at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:26:25 CET 2018

I am analyzing geospatial data come from malaria intervention survey,
to compare standard multilevel models with spatial models.   Some of
the variables in my dataset are the following:

1.      malaria-malaria test result(1-presence, 0-absence) which is
our outcome variable

2.      LATNUM-coordinates of the survey cluster

3.      LONGNUM- coordinates of the survey cluster

4.      hv024-region (categorical variable)

5.      hv025-residence (urban/rural)

6.      hv227 -net use (yes/no)

7.      hv270 -wealth index(poorest, poorer, middle, richer, richest)

8.      hc1 – age in days

9.      hc27- sex (male/female)

10.    hc68-educational level (no education, primary, secondary)

11.    anebin- Anemia level(1-anemic,0-nonanemic)

 What I want to fit is a spatial logistic regression model by using
the aforementioned variables using any of the packages in R which can
handle the task (i.e. prevMap, geoRglm).  Can anyone help me on how to
fit such a spatial logistic regression model? If possible, and someone
did similar tasks before, could you share me your R code?

 Sample dataset, which shows the structure of my dataset:

hv024

hv025

hv227

hv270