[R-sig-Geo] Is the raster package still receiving updates?

Thiago V. dos Santos thi_veloso at yahoo.com.br
Fri Feb 16 15:21:00 CET 2018

Hi Edzer,
Cool, thanks for sharing! You seem to be working on really neat stuff.
Greetings, -- Thiago V. dos Santos
Postdoctoral Research FellowDepartment of Climate and Space Science and EngineeringUniversity of Michigan

    On Thursday, February 15, 2018, 10:11:31 AM EST, Edzer Pebesma <edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de> wrote:

On 02/15/2018 03:33 PM, Thiago V. dos Santos wrote:
> Dear Edzer,
>
> As a heavy user of both raster and sp (for remote sensing products and
> climate model outputs), I am really interested in the outcomes of your
> meeting with Robert and Etienne.
>
> I was just wondering: eould it be possible/convenient at this point for
> you to share them with us?

The meeting took place, as I reported here:
https://twitter.com/edzerpebesma/status/960376392247476227

My agenda is pretty much on-line, and otherwise found in my two R talks
of last week(s): https://github.com/edzer/rstudio_conf ; the talk at
Bren School @ UCSB gives more details (and some results) for stars.

The Bren talk was recorded, and I put it here:
http://pebesma.staff.ifgi.de/Spatial-data-in-R--Pebesma--2018-02-07.m4v

The RStudio::conf talk was recorded too, and should become available in
a few weeks.

Whenever there's something substantial to tell about stars, I'll report
back here (and/or on twitter), anything about raster you'll have to ask
Robert.

Many regards,