[R-sig-Geo] Reading tables without geometry from gdb?

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 05:22:34 CET 2018

Hi All,

I have a file geodatabase with non-spatial tables that can be joined to
other spatial objects. Is there a best/easiest way to import the
non-spatial tables in R these days?

I've seen some solutions here:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/184013/read-a-table-from-an-esri-file-geodatabase-gdb-using-r
but figured I'd see if I'm missing anything within sf.

If it helps, the dataset I'm looking at is here:
https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Environment/NYC-Urban-Tree-Canopy-Assessment-Metrics-2010/hnxz-kkn5

When I try sf::st_read, as follows, I get the subsequent error:
>comdists_data <-
sf::st_read(dsn=fgdb,table="LandCover_Metrics_NYC_Community_Districts_Version10C")

Error in st_sf(x, ..., agr = agr, sf_column_name = sf_column_name) :
  no simple features geometry column present.

Thanks all - best regards,
Mike T