[R-sig-Geo] raster::overlay with a function that calls a list of vectors

Hugo Costa hugo@gco@t@ @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Aug 9 15:22:39 CEST 2018

Hi Rafael.

Your suggestion works perfectly for the toy data.
For my real data, it's not that simple. I'm processing data for the entire
Europe, and thus I split data in tiles. Apparently, Vectorize does not work
when a tile includes just some of the strata (raster r2 in the toy data has
2 strata, but my real data has 7). When tiles include all my strata,
Vectorize seems to work, although slowly (it is processing while writing
this message). Anyway, your message was important to spot this behaviour, I
might need to include some workaround to process the tiles with less
strata, while trying to speed up the processing.

Thank you very much
Hugo

Rafael Wüest <rafael.wueest using gmail.com> escreveu no dia quinta, 9/08/2018
à(s) 14:33: