[R-sig-Geo] Raster stream network to lines

Andy Bunn Andy.Bunn at wwu.edu
Thu Apr 19 19:01:47 CEST 2018

While Joe’s solution worked great (except the projection info) I know when I’m beat. I used the channel network tool in QGIS.

From: Michael Sumner <mdsumner at gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 8:30 PM
To: Andy Bunn <Andy.Bunn at wwu.edu>
Cc: Joseph Stachelek <joseph.stachelek at gmail.com>, R-sig-Geo <r-sig-geo at r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-sig-Geo] Raster stream network to lines

Not much to add but if you didn't notice there is a degenerate line in that isolated pixel, so if you were looking at sets of connected pixels in turn you could possibly re-process the output of contourLines to join things up:

cl <- contourLines(list(x = xFromCol(foo), y  = rev(yFromRow(foo)), z = as.matrix(t(flip(foo, "y")))), levels = 1)

## the third one is a nearly-degenerate line in the centre of the isolated cell
cl[[3]]

Cheers, Mike.