[R-sig-Geo] [FORGED] Estimate of the intensity of a point process, as a function of a marked point process as covariate.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Apr 1 01:06:07 CEST 2018

On 01/04/18 09:36, ASANTOS via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Dear R Sig Geo Members,
>
>      I've like to know if there are any function in any package for
> estimation density in a marked point process (e.g. geographic position
> and size of ants nests in square meters). My goal will be represents the
> density of ants nest estimated, but use nests sizes as covariate, this
> is possible?

The Smooth.ppp() function in the spatstat package might be what you are
looking for.

Using nest sizes as a *covariate* does not make sense to me.  A
covariate should be defined at all points of the observation window, not
just at the points of the observed pattern.

See

   Adrian Baddeley, Ege Rubak, Rolf Turner (2015). Spatial Point
   Patterns: Methodology and Applications with R. London: Chapman and
   Hall/CRC Press, 2015. URL

http://www.crcpress.com/Spatial-Point-Patterns-Methodology-and-Applications-with-R/Baddeley-Rubak-Turner/9781482210200/

particularly section 5.6.4, pages 147, 148.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS