[R-sig-Geo] ISO3 to 7 continents names

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 10:27:40 CEST 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Miluji Sb <milujisb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all.
>
> Is it possible to convert.identify iso3 country names to the seven
> continent names?
>
> # Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Australia, Europe, South America, and North
> America,
>
> I have tried the following:
>
> ###
> region <- merge(countryExData,df,by.x='ISO3V10',by.y='iso3')
>
> where df is the name of my dataset with iso3 the identification variable
> but there seems to be a a lot of missing values.

Hard to help you here without seeing at least some of your data, or at
least the rows that didn't match. Maybe you've got invalid codes in your
data? How can we tell?

Also, you should say where countryExData comes from, I had to guess it was
from the rworldmap package. That data frame doesn't have the "continent" in
it, so what use is it to you?

Barry