[R-sig-Geo] [DKIM] Re: Fw: Why is there a large predictive difference for Univ. Kriging? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Li Jin Jin.Li at ga.gov.au
Wed Nov 22 23:28:04 CET 2017

Let try spm and see what we can achieve. All these scripts were directly modified from examples in spm.
> library(spm)
> library(sp)
> library(gstat)
> data(meuse)

> set.seed(999)
> rfcv1 <- RFcv(meuse[, c(5,4,7,8)], meuse[, 6], predacc = "ALL") # I used the same predictors in the same order as in your model for comparison purpose.
> rfcv1$mae
[1] 53.54404 # This much lower than that for KED

> set.seed(999)
> rfcv1 <- rfokcv(meuse[, c(1,2)], meuse[, c(5,4,7,8)], meuse[, 6], predacc = "ALL")
> rfcv1$mae
[1] 42.22274 # This one further improved the accuracy in comparison with that for RF

> set.seed(999)
> rfcv1 <- rfidwcv(meuse[, c(1,2)], meuse[, c(5,4,7,8)], meuse[, 6], predacc = "ALL")
> rfcv1$mae
[1] 42.60406 # This one is similar to RFOK

You may try rfcv1$vecv for each method and see how accurate the models are.

I guess the results speak loudly what should be used.