[R-sig-Geo] Autologistic regression in R

Mingke Li mli11 at unb.ca
Wed Nov 15 16:44:03 CET 2017

Hi Ege,

Thanks for replying. Sorry for not clearfying the data.

The raw response data is the actural population counted at the specific sample points. Because my study object is spruce budworm which would cause forest defoliation, what we are interested in are those sample points where spruce budworm population is greater than 7 per brunch. Some of the sample points have zero population, and some have population fewer than 7 per brunch, but these samples don't attract us because spruce budworm are always there; fewer than 7 per brunch is not a problem for forests.

So what I understand is to set 7 as a threshold to transform the raw response data to 0 (population<7) and 1(population>=7). Also some papers point out the significance of encountering the spatial autocorrelation when dealing these species distribution problem, that is why I come across the autologistic regression.

This approach is so new to me, so I may have some misunderstanding. Thanks again.

Erin