[R-sig-Geo] question about rgeos "gDistance" parameters

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 10 21:50:15 CET 2017

Please post plain text only - since you didn't provide an example, your
code wasn't deformed by HTML formatting, but had you provided an example
it would have been. Did you look at the examples on the help page?

library(rgeos)
pt1 = readWKT("POINT(0.5 0.5)")
pt2 = readWKT("POINT(2 2)")

p1 = readWKT("POLYGON((0 0,1 0,1 1,0 1,0 0))")
p2 = readWKT("POLYGON((2 0,3 1,4 0,2 0))")

gDistance(pt1,pt2)
gDistance(p1,pt1)
gDistance(p1,pt2)
gDistance(p1,p2)