[R-sig-Geo] How to fit a pure spatial variogram on a spatio-temporal empirical one

Carlo Cavalieri c.cavalieri at me.com
Tue May 30 14:26:37 CEST 2017

Thank you very much Ben, the code works perfectly.
I have 2 years time series, one for each station, of daily mean average pm10 which I have detrended wrt mean and standard deviation by using land use coefficients.
The problem I am trying to face is to distinguish between the spatial and the temporal components of the correlation among time series, the former due to distance, the latter mostly due to seasonality.
Does the pooled variogram obtained with the code you posted here isolates the temporal component of the correlation and only assume constant covariance structure over time or is it influenced by seasonality?