[R-sig-Geo] spgwr note on require the package

Jefferson Ferreira-Ferreira jecogeo at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:38:45 CEST 2017

Dears, when we require spgwr package, a note is showed "NOTE: This package
does not constitute approval of GWR as a method of spatial analysis".
I tried to investigate example(spgwr) and cannot figure out. A search for
this note in google doesn't return answers as well.

Are some of you aware of what this note means, specifically? As long as I
now, Geographically weighted regressions are solid techniques. So this note
is confusing me.

Best,

*Jefferson Ferreira-Ferreira, **PhD (abd)*

*Geographer*

*Ecosystem Dynamics Observatory <http://tscanada.wix.com/ecodyn> -
EcoDyn/UNESP*
*Department of **Geography *
*Institute of Geosciences and Exact Sciences** (IGCE)*
*São Paulo State University (UNESP)*
*Rio Claro, SP - Brazil*