[R-sig-Geo] Nested Variogram Model for 3D data using gstat

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Thu May 18 09:32:01 CEST 2017

Dear A.B.M.,

fit.variogram will not help you fit directional variograms. In
principle, you could write your own optimizer using e.g. stats::optim,
and gstat:;variogramLine to compute semivariances give the model for
different directions and distances.

I'd welcome a pull request with a well-tested function that would make
this easy for end users.