[R-sig-Geo] Negative mse values

Cenk İÇÖZ cicoz at anadolu.edu.tr
Mon Mar 27 10:28:58 CEST 2017

Hi  dear friends.

I was trying to smooth a spatial point pattern with kernel function but I am a bit confused .
I need some  explanation about negative MSE values obtained ( used for selecting optimum bandwidth)  by using mse2d function of "splancs " package.
As the definition of mse function  for one dimension I know it might not take negative values.
However I have no idea for the two dimensional definition of mse for a spatial point pattern. Could the mse values be negative in this case? I found an example taking minimum negative value of mse fort he optimum bandwidth which is the lowest negative value
Thanks in advance.

Res. Asst. Cenk Icoz
Statistics Department ,Anadolu University, Turkey