[R-sig-Geo] Retrieving rasters from ESRI geodabase

Richard Barnes rbarnes at umn.edu
Wed Mar 8 18:29:39 CET 2017

Mirza,
ESRI has not released an API to extract rasters from geodatabases.

However, building on work by Even Roualt and James Ramm, I've recently
released Arc Raster Rescue, a C++ program for extracting rasters from
ESRI geodatabases into GeoTIFF files. I imagine limited work would be
necessary to convert this into an R package either by wrapping the
command line calls or by converting the program into a library.

The code is available at: https://github.com/r-barnes/ArcRasterRescue

Best regards,
Richard