[R-sig-Geo] Problem in ENFA: infinite or missing values

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Fri Jun 2 05:53:59 CEST 2017

Hey Perry,

It is not clear to me where the problem lies without more
details/explanations. As Mike said, can you come up with a reproducible
example? If you can't make it minimal, see if you can send me the data
privately, I'll try to investigate on my side.

Cheers,
Mathieu.

On 05/19/2017 02:51 AM, Perry Beasley-hall wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm trying to do an ENFA using the package adehabitatHS. I'm following the example code and am creating the 'pr' file using:
>
> pr <- slot(count.points(species, map), "data")[,1]
>
> Where 'species' is a .csv file with two columns of latitude and longitude, and 'map' is a SpatialGridDataFrame file of 23 .asc inputs. For reference, I'm importing my .asc files using readGDAL and then using the cbind command to put them into the 'map' file.
>
> I encounter the following warning message when trying to create 'pr':
>
> 1: In points2grid(points, tolerance, round) :
>   grid has empty column/rows in dimension 1
> 2: In points2grid(points, tolerance, round) :
>   grid has empty column/rows in dimension 2
>
> I assumed this would be alright, but I'm getting the subsequent error when I attempt the enfa command:
>
> enfa1 <- enfa(pc, pr, scannf = FALSE)
>
> Error in eigen(Se) : infinite or missing values in 'x'
>
> Some searching online has told me that this might mean not all of my rows in the 'species' .csv correspond to variables in the 'map' file, but I don't think this is the case for my dataset.
>
> Can anyone help me with this issue? Many thanks in advance.
> ____
>
> Perry Beasley-Hall
> PhD Candidate
> School of Life and Environmental Sciences
>
> THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
> Room 329, Edgeworth David Building A11
> Sydney NSW 2006, Australia
> E-mail: perry.beasley-hall at sydney.edu.au
> Phone: +61 420 494 584
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Mathieu Basille

basille at ufl.edu | http://ase-research.org/basille
+1 954-577-6314 | University of Florida FLREC

  « Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
  Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  — Paul Éluard

This message is signed to guarantee its authenticity.
For a true private correspondence, use my public key
to encrypt your messages:

  http://mathieu.basille.net/pub.asc

Learn more: http://mzl.la/1BsOGiZ