[R-sig-Geo] How to objectively subset cities by population

Thiago V. dos Santos thi_veloso at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 27 16:11:33 CEST 2017

Hi Kent,
Thank you very much for the response.
This is exactly the same approach I am using now, with a different radius formula though.
It is not at all terrible, but do you see how overlapped the largest cities are, and how difficult it is to click on some smaller cities?
This is why I am looking for an objective way to filter out the smallest cities, while at the same time keeping as much information on the map as possible (i.e. not leaving too many "blank" areas).
Best, -- Thiago V. dos Santos
PhD studentLand and Atmospheric ScienceUniversity of Minnesota