[R-sig-Geo] Error-Mapping

ulrike.grimm at uni-leipzig.de ulrike.grimm at uni-leipzig.de
Tue Jul 25 18:32:58 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I am a R- starter and not really experienced, but I try my best. For
my PhD thesis I want to create an error map of a palaeo-relief and I
found the instruction from Tomislav Hengl 2009 in "A practical Guide
to Geostatistical mapping" (page 221 ff) really interesting. He also
recommended this mailing list.

Actually I have two questions.

1. Question: Is it possible to create an empty grid with a individual
shape of the research area? I found several instruction at the
Internet but nothing really useful. Useful in this case means, that I
can further follow the script from Hengl.

2. Question: The gstat package developed further and the function
"overlay", which he used, is not available anymore. Instead, I think,
the function "over" should be used, but then I don´t get the result
which I need for further steps. Because the message reveals: Error in
plot(cross.ov at coords[, 1], cross.ov at data[[1]], type = "l", xlab = "X",
  : trying to get slot "coords" from an object of a basic class
("numeric") with no slots. But of course, the initial objects had
slots. If I got it right the function "over" just produces numeric
values. What is the equivalent function for "overlay" from 2009?

I would be really happy about any hint or maybe newer/better solutions
for error mapping of DEM´s. In my case paloae-DEM´s.

Best regards,
Ulrike Grimm

--
Dipl. Geographin