[R-sig-Geo] Possible rgdal enhancement request related to null attributes

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Jul 10 18:04:30 CEST 2017

Hi Alex,

GDAL 2.2 is supported in rgdal and in sf - has been for some time. If GDAL
>= 2.2:

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/src/OGR_write.cpp?root=rgdal&r1=650&r2=660

and

https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/src/ogrsource.cpp?root=rgdal&r1=650&r2=660

This is general, not just GeoJSON, see

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc67_nullfieldvalues

I don't see a good reason for making the user have to choose - could you
suggest one with a use case reprex?

See also the sf code, which is relevant here.

Roger