[R-sig-Geo] getData returns status 403

Loïc Dutrieux loic.dutrieux at conabio.gob.mx
Sun Jan 29 20:26:17 CET 2017

Hi,

Were there any changes made to the ucdavis server, from which getData()
gets its data? I'm trying to download a spatialpolygondataframe of the
world, but it returns a status 403. Can anyone reproduce?
Same thing happens when I try to run the url in the browser or with wget.

Also, is r-forge down right now? I tried to check the development
version of raster but couldn't reach anything.

> library(raster)

> world <- getData(name = 'countries')
trying URL 'http://biogeo.ucdavis.edu/data/gadm2.6/countries_gadm26.rds'
Error in utils::download.file(url = aurl, destfile = fn, method =
"auto",  :
  cannot open URL
'http://biogeo.ucdavis.edu/data/gadm2.6/countries_gadm26.rds'
In addition: Warning message:
In utils::download.file(url = aurl, destfile = fn, method = "auto",  :
  cannot open URL
'http://biogeo.ucdavis.edu/data/gadm2.6/countries_gadm26.rds': HTTP
status was '403 Forbidden'

Cheers,