[R-sig-Geo] Converting raster to a matrix

Ben Tupper btupper at bigelow.org
Tue Jan 24 15:19:36 CET 2017

Hi,

It doesn't seem to be noted in the documentation for raster::raster(), but when you create a RasterLayer from a RasterLayer,  as in your

> rast <-  raster(image)

step, the values are stripped from the resulting RasterLayer.  Why don't you eliminate that step and retrieve the matrix from your first RasterLayer?

> mat <- as.matrix(image)
> str(mat)
 int [1:68, 1:65] NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA ...

Ben